What's up with Quantifoil grids

Hernando Sosa hsosa at aecom.yu.edu
Wed Jun 16 11:16:10 PDT 2004

Hi,

I wonder how or from which distributors people are getting quantifoil
grids. In the past we have gotten them from EM sciences and SPI. However
this is the second time that when trying to place an order we are
advised that they are back-ordered  and that it will take over 6 months
to get them !!. Trying to get to the quantifoil, web site
(www.quantifoil.com)  gives an error (missing link).
It does look to me that the production of quantifoils is very spotty and
may be prone to disappear altogether. Is there any alternative (other
than making your own holey grids with randomly distributed holes).

Regards

Hernando

PS: Sorry if this has been discussed before.It seems that I was out from
the 3Dem list since I don't know when.

--
Hernando Sosa