the 2005 3D EM Dordon Conference

Ken Downing khdowning at lbl.gov
Tue Jul 6 21:16:04 PDT 2004

Hello,
        The next Gordon Research Conference on Three-Dimensional
Electron Microscopy will meet just under a year from
now.  The meeting has been scheduled for June 12 - 17, 2005 at
Colby-Sawyer College, New London, New Hampshire.
        As Chair of the Conference, I invite you to start thinking about
the meeting.  The program is already developing, and I would welcome
news and suggestions that will again make this Conference one of the
premier events within the biological EM community.  The downside of
being such a good meeting is that over one hundred applicants could not
attend the 2003 meeting, since the meeting size is tightly regulated by
the GRC organization.  We can expect that the 2005 Conference will be at
least as competitive.
        The very good news, on the other hand, is that our request to
make the 3DEM GRC an annual meeting was
approved by the GRC Board.  In the odd-numbered years, we will continue
to meet in New England.  In the even years,
the Conference will be held at one of the European GRC sites.  Helen
Saibil will chair the first of these meetings,
in 2006. We hope this arrangement will take some of the pressure off the
application process.
        My apologies to those of you who receive this message twice - I
am trying to include all interested parties!
                Best regards,
                Ken Downing
                Chair, 2005 Gordon Research Conference on
                    3-D Electron Microscopy of Macromolecules
                tel   01 510 486-5941
                fax  01 510 486-6488