post doc annoucnment

Claude Antony Claude.Antony at embl.de
Tue Nov 25 01:51:31 PST 2003

Dear all,

Here is an announcement for a postdoc position at EMBL in Heidelberg (Germany)
  in the field of budding yeast/EM.
  Please display this announcement in your Institute:

RESEARCH POST-DOCTORAL POSITION in Yeast/EM

  We are looking for a postdoc interested in kinetochore function in
mitosis in the budding yeast. The post is available in Claude
Antony's laboratory which is focused on EM investigations aiming to
understand the role of the differential distribution of various yeast
kinetochore proteins during the cell cycle.
In particular, besides our classical investigations based on
cryogenic methods and EM immunocytochemistry, we are interested in
developing new methods using specific tags, combined with a
photoconversion approach to optimize the detection of these molecules
in the context of wild type and mutant strains.
The position is available as soon as possible in 2004.
The candidate should possess a PhD, preferably in the field of
budding yeast, and have a background in molecular biology. EM
expertise is advantageous but not necessarily required.
You are welcome to contact the laboratory for further information and
conditions.

Dr. Claude ANTONY
EMBL Meyerhof Str. 1
EM Facility