No subject

Terje Dokland dokland at imcb.nus.edu.sg
Thu May 8 03:23:03 PDT 2003

Thanks for the helpful messages that I've received regarding our
problem with the multiple beam spot in the JEOL FEG.

To be more precise: there are 4-6 spots, all in one line, flickering...

The JEOL people did measure the site before installation, and found
the field to be ok, but the building has undergone extensive
renovation, and after installation they re-measured field and
apparently get 20mG AC interference from God-knows-where. The
engineer tells me that the biological version of the microscope that
we have lacks the condensor mini-lens and is more sensitive to
magnetic fields...

Hopefully the field cancellation system will help, otherwise we might
have to move the scope to a different location!

terje

--
Dr. Terje Dokland
E-mail: dokland at imcb.nus.edu.sg

"Convictions are greater enemies of truth than lies"
				F. Nietzsche
with the words
unsubscribe 3dem
in the body of the message.
Do not send unsubscribe messages to the entire list