spider to imagic

Stan Burgess bmssab at bms.leeds.ac.uk
Mon Sep 23 05:46:19 PDT 2002

Dear All,

Thanks to a speedy response from Neil Ranson, the problem has been solved.
In case any of you are interested, I forward what Neil told me, below.

Spider image stacks are often used to store many thousands of 2D images
(e.g. windowed from micrographs). For example, the image stack called
win.spi may contain 1200 individual images, each with its own header, and
each addressed within spider as win at 0001 to win at 1200. Em2em cannot convert
such a file to imagic directly. However, this stack of 2D images can be
easily converted to a spider 3d volume as follows:

OPERATION:			sk
FIRST IMAGE IN SERIES: 	win at 0001
LAST IMAGE IN SERIES:	win at 1200
OUTPUT VOLUME:		winvol

The file winvol.spi can then be converted to a series of imagic images using
the em2em software and setting the input option as 3D (when prompted).

Thanks to all others who replied. This facility is very helpful.
Regards,

Stan

Office: 6.03 Miall Building, University of Leeds
Tel. +44 113 343 4170

Postal Address: School of Biomedical Sciences, Worsley Building, Clarendon
Way, Leeds, LS2 9JT, U.K.
with the words
unsubscribe 3dem
in the body of the message.
Do not send unsubscribe messages to the entire list