new databse for EM map deposition

Stephen Fuller stephen at strubi.ox.ac.uk
Sat Nov 23 15:53:14 PST 2002

The recent meeting at EBI in Cambridge discussed image formats and
other features of data depostion. The assembled group agreed the
following statement concerning deposition of 3D EM maps. Discussion,
comments and responses are invited.
------------

We note that the European Bioinformatics
Institute (EBI) through the Macromolecular Structure Database
(MSD) now provides a permanent resource for the deposition of
three-dimensional maps derived by electron microscopy (see
www.ebi.ac.uk/msd-srv/emdep ). The database is open to the
international community.  The database intends to interoperate with
the PDB (RCSB) and to become part of a family of linked databases
in biomedical research. We intend to use this facility for the routine
deposition of maps produced by our work.
We encourage our colleagues to follow our example by
submitting maps from their work, at the stage of publication, to this
database.

Richard Henderson (MRC, Cambridge)
Tony Crowther (MRC, Cambridge)
Monica Chagoyen (CNB-CSIC Madrid)
Reiner Hegerl (Max-Planck, Martinsried)
Stephen Fuller (University of Oxford)
Rishi Matadeen (University of Oxford)
Michael Radermacher (university of Vermont)
Jose-Maria Carazo (CNB-CSIC Madrid)
Kim Henrick (EBI, Hinxton)
William Baxter (Wadsworth, New York)
Henning Stahlberg (Muller Institut, Basel)
Ansgar Philippsen (Muller Institut, Basel)
Andreas Hoenger (EMBL, Heidelberg)
Nicolas Boisset (CNRS, Paris)
David Belnap (NIAMS, Maryland)
Denis Fellmann (Scripps, California)
Wah Chiu (Baylor College of Medicine, Texas)
Steven Ludtke (Baylor College of Medicine, Texas)
Mark Ellisman (University of California San Diego)
Maryann Martone (University of California San Diego)
Niels Volkmann (Burnham Institute, California)
Salvatorie Lanzavecchia (Universita degli Studi, Milan)
Lars-Göran Ofverstedt (Skoglunds Group, Sweden)
Michael Schatz (Image Science, Germany)
Marin van Heel (Imperial College, London)
Auke van Balen (FEI Electron Optics, Eindhoven)
Helen Saibil (Birkbeck College, London)
Elena Orlova (Birkbeck College, London)
Richard Newman (EBI, Hinxton)
Mohammed Tagari (EBI, Hinxton)
Avi Naim (EBI, Hinxton)

--

Wellcome Trust Principal Research Fellow      Secretary:  44 1865 287546
Division of Structural Biology                        Fax:          44
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics   Email: stephen at strubi.ox.ac.uk
University of Oxford, Roosevelt Drive         Website:
Oxford OX3 7BN, UK
http://www.strubi.ox.ac.uk
Structural Biology Programme          European Molecular Biology Laboratory
fuller at EMBL-Heidelberg.DE http://www.EMBL-Heidelberg.DE/ExternalInfo/fuller/