from sputtering to glow discharge

Terje Dokland dokland at mail.ima.org.sg
Fri May 10 19:14:58 PDT 2002

We have a simple sputter coater from JEOL. What would be more useful
for us at the moment, however, is a glow discharge unit. I wonder if
anybody knows how the sputter coater can be modified to work as a
glow discharger? It seems to me the processes are very similar. In
fact, we can make our grids hydrophilic by sputtering them, but of
course then we'll end up with small gold specks on our grids! If
anybody has any experience to share or advice on this it would be
greatly appreciated.
terje
with the words
unsubscribe 3dem
in the body of the message.
Do not send unsubscribe messages to the entire list