LifeCell Slammer

Luther, Pradeep K p.luther at ic.ac.uk
Fri May 10 09:06:49 PDT 2002

Hello Everyone

I wonder if there any people still using or have used the LifeCell CF 100
Cryofixation slammer.  I have got the loan of one and am trying it out.  The
machine is 10-12 years old, is not made any more and there is no service or
support for it.  The unique feature of this machine is that the cooled
copper block is held under vacuum until just before the slam. If people are
using it, I would appreciate it if they could share their experience of the
machine.  I am currently waiting for one of the pneumatic valves' rubber
seals to be repaired.

Pradeep Luther

Pradeep K. Luther
Biological Structure & Function Section
Biomedical Sciences Division
Sir Alexander Fleming Building
Imperial College
Exhibition Road
London SW7 2AZ

Tel +44  (0)20 7594 3239  / 9691
Fax +44  (0)20 7594 3169
Email: p.luther at ic.ac.uk

Cryo Microscopy Group
http://www.cryomicroscopygroup.org.uk/
with the words
unsubscribe 3dem
in the body of the message.
Do not send unsubscribe messages to the entire list