M&M 2002 in Quebec

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Sun May 13 10:53:18 PDT 2001

One thing that comes to mind is teaching new dogs old tricks.

As technology advances, the devices of 30, 50 and more years ago are
forgotten for the most part, however, for reasons of economy preservation or
nostalgia, some people like to keep, restore and maybe even use these
antiquated devices.  It might be helpful and interesting to at least collect
information on the care and feeding of an old microscope, techniques of
micrography with a non-automatic camera and the best methods to follow when
trying to find and/or make substitutions for parts on aging equipment.

Ron L