Faculty positions available

Mona Norcum mnorcum at biochem.umsmed.edu
Thu Aug 16 12:42:45 PDT 2001

Dear Colleagues:

As per the following ad, our department is searching for two faculty members.  Of particular interest to the 3dEM community is that among our facilities are: an energy-filtered LEO 912AB with full cryo capabilities, a dual processor Octane and access to a 64 processor Origin, as well as all other peripherals needed for 3d reconstructions and displays.  As I am the only "structural biologist" here, I'd love some company from someone in the field!  I missed seeing everyone at the 3dEM Gordon Conference this year, but hope to be there next time.

Please feel free to contact me if anyone would like more information about UMMC before applying.

Regards to all.

Mona

BIOCHEMISTRY FACULTY POSITIONS

The Department of Biochemistry at The University of Mississippi Medical Center (http://www2.umsmed.edu/dept/biochemistry/biochem1.html) invites applications for two tenure-track positions at any rank.  The interests of the applicants should overlap with those existing in the department, which has strong research programs in gene expression, chromatin structure, ribosome biogenesis, anticancer drug mechanisms, nucleic acid and protein biophysics, energy transduction, enzymology and structural biology.  The successful applicants are expected to establish or have independent, funded research programs and to participate in the training of medical, dental and graduate students.  Send curriculum vitae, a brief outline of future research plans and the names of three references to: Dr. Mark Olson, Chair, Department of Biochemistry, The University of Mississippi Medical Center, 2500 North State Street, Jackson, MS 39216-4505.  Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.

Mona T. Norcum, Ph.D.,  Professor
Biochemistry Department, University of Mississippi Medical Center
2500 North State Street, Jackson, MS 39216-4505

Phone: 601-984-1527  FAX: 601-984-1501 email: mnorcum at biochem.umsmed.edu
Web page:  http://www2.umsmed.edu/dept/biochemistry/norcum.html

with the words
unsubscribe 3dem
in the body of the message.
Do not send unsubscribe messages to the entire list