[3dem] EMDB EMPIAR is hiring

Kyle Morris kyle at ebi.ac.uk
Wed May 29 02:45:03 PDT 2024

Dear community,

We’re pleased to announce that we are hiring!

We are looking to recruit an expert structural biologist to join the EMDB and EMPIAR biocurator teams at the European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI, Cambridge, UK). As a scientific database curator you will annotate submissions to EMPIAR and EMDB, and contribute to the broader biocuration effort at EBI closely co-ordinated with our neighbours PDBe and within the worldwide archiving effort of the wwPDB.

Your domain expertise in cryoEM/cryoET/vEM will have immediate positive impact in extracting relevant biological and experimental information from submissions, developing best practise in archiving processes and assisting with technology testing and development to deliver our essential services to the structural biology community. Come join our mission to provide global open-access to molecular and cellular imaging and structure information, in an exciting and unique role working with a dedicated and diverse team.

We look forward to meeting you. For more information, please go to:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.embl.org/jobs/position/EBI02248__;!!Mih3wA!BkZzUpRBYnfPh_NgOPPYLIVkE9MSWV3yUCTf2Uj-T5Khsxt9dHKClTnRf-G5oRzS64fvtz5o4cuVXUBF$

Please pass on this advert to any potentially interested and qualified scientists in your network. Thank you.

Best wishes,

Kyle, EMDB Team Leader
On behalf of the EMPIAR and EMDB teams

Kyle L. Morris (Ph.D.), Team Leader, Electron Microscopy Databank
EMBL European Bioinformatics Institute, Hinxton, CB10 1SD, U.K.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ebi.ac.uk/emdb/__;!!Mih3wA!BkZzUpRBYnfPh_NgOPPYLIVkE9MSWV3yUCTf2Uj-T5Khsxt9dHKClTnRf-G5oRzS64fvtz5o4cOb_2vP$