[3dem] 2 PhD and 1 post-doc positions in cryo-EM and Computational Structural Biology at Kastritis lab, Halle, Germany

Panagiotis Kastritis panagiotis.kastritis at bct.uni-halle.de
Wed Jun 12 08:37:17 PDT 2024

Dear EM community,

I would like to draw your attention to the open positions of 2 Ph.D.
students and 1 post-doc in my lab at the Martin Luther
University of Halle-Wittenberg (MLU) in Halle, Germany. The positions
are fully funded for 3 years each and are in the context of
the collaborative research center "SNP2PROT: Plant Proteoform
Diversity".
We have advanced computing equipment and independent biochemical
laboratories. In addition, our cryoEM equipment includes the 200
kV Thermo Fisher Glacios with phase plate and a Falcon 4i direct
detector as well as a 300 kV JEOL JEM-3200FSC (equipped with
field emission gun, cryo-stage, in-column energy filter and GATAN K2
direct electron detector).
We are searching for researchers in the fields of electron
cryo-microscopy and computational structural biology. Positions will
start on the 1st October 2024; Deadline for applications is on the 1st
July 2024 (see attached advertisement).
Interested candidates should apply here:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://snp2prot.uni-halle.de/positions/__;!!Mih3wA!E-obqVYvIOFuS_XvGbyz3yOyvuPfIeb-Bjp7umHXYwSJrlsbI78-uSlcDxBQdKLk_tlcij5ZIx6sISB_bWva7jbOB8hTdURYLnxt9g$  or request further information
from me
(panagiotis.kastritis at bct.uni-halle.de)
Thank you very much,
Kindest Regards,
Panos

Junior Professor Dr. Panagiotis L. Kastritis
Group Leader and Head of Cryo-Electron Microscopy
Kastritis Laboratory for Biomolecular Research (KLBR)
Cryo-Electron Microscopy & Computational Structural Biology
Institute of Biochemistry and Biotechnology
Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg
ZIK HALOmem & Biozentrum, Room A.2.14
Weinbergweg 22, 06120, Halle (Saale), Germany

tel: +49 345 5524983
web (Lab): https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://blogs.urz.uni-halle.de/kastritislab/__;!!Mih3wA!E-obqVYvIOFuS_XvGbyz3yOyvuPfIeb-Bjp7umHXYwSJrlsbI78-uSlcDxBQdKLk_tlcij5ZIx6sISB_bWva7jbOB8hTdUT_ogzmrQ$