[3dem] Contaminated Quantifoil® R 1.2/1.3 + 2 nm carbon grids

Bruno KLAHOLZ klaholz at igbmc.fr
Mon Jul 8 03:56:47 PDT 2024

Dear Jean-Marc,

one option is to wash the grids.

See for example the discussion in ccpem last April:
“ [ccpem] washing Quantifoil grids with MetOH-stabilised chloroform? “

(see answers below, e.g. with ethanol or ethylacetate)

Best,

Bruno

Bruno P. Klaholz
Centre for Integrative Biology
Department of Integrated Structural Biology
Institute of Genetics and of Molecular and Cellular Biology
IGBMC - UMR 7104 - U 1258
1, rue Laurent Fries
BP 10142
67404 ILLKIRCH CEDEX