[3dem] Postdoc position at MRC LMB Cambridge

Lori Passmore passmore at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Tue Sep 5 10:02:16 PDT 2023

Dear 3DEM-ers

My group has an opening for a new postdoc to work on mRNA processing at the MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology in Cambridge UK. The overall goal is to understand how polyA tails are added onto mRNAs including how this process is coupled to transcription in vitro and in cells. The project would involve single particle cryoEM, cryoET and in vitro reconstitution, alongside other complementary methods that could include mass spectrometry, single molecule imaging with optical tweezers and functional assays in cells.

My group and the LMB is friendly, supportive and highly collaborative (we have fun doing great science!). The LMB has outstanding facilities, expertise and training in structural biology and biophysics. For this post, I am looking for someone with experience in cryoEM but we provide an excellent environment for you to learn and develop.

Please get in touch if you are interested now or in the future - I am happy to have informal discussions.

More details are here:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.nature.com/naturecareers/job/12803570/postdoctoral-scientist-structural-studies-dr-lori-passmore-lmb-2209/__;!!Mih3wA!CWMW3BFcWKIrFLp4lCKB1ThP2k5gk6A3OfapJhY1-yrOyp--TswIT4iEO7JdmRMcSRI1S_S3D5DLLVeZ2Ots1ZH60TzL$

Kind regards
Lori

Lori A. Passmore, PhD (she/her)
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology
Francis Crick Avenue, Cambridge, CB2 0QH

https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/groups/passmore/__;!!Mih3wA!CWMW3BFcWKIrFLp4lCKB1ThP2k5gk6A3OfapJhY1-yrOyp--TswIT4iEO7JdmRMcSRI1S_S3D5DLLVeZ2Ots1Z_bwy_1$