[3dem] PhD position at Paul Ehrlich Institute

Krijnse Locker, Jacomina Jacomina.KrijnseLocker at pei.de
Thu Jan 12 10:58:52 PST 2023

Dear all, I would like to draw your attention to a PhD position within my team, electron microscopy of pathogens, located at the Paul Ehrlich Institute in Langen, close to Frankfurt.

My team has a longstanding expertise in studying how viruses interact with cells using predominantly EM. Our pet virus is the poxvirus vaccinia virus.
The project is based on a collaboration initiated during the first SARS CoV2 lockdown with the Max Planck Institute in Frankfurt on precisely that virus.

Within the current project we study the structural rearrangement of vaccinia during uncoating and early transcription using cryoET and image processing.

The candidate will prepare the samples for cryoEM at PEI, where we have all of the equipment available, located in a bio-safety level 2 lab space. Cryo-imaging will be done at the MPI in collaboration with the team of Dr. Sonja Welsch and Dr. Beata Turonova.

For further information, please contact me directly:

Jacomine Krijnse Locker
Paul Ehrlich Institute, Langen
Jacomina.krijnselocker at pei.de<mailto:Jacomina.krijnselocker at pei.de>
T. +49 6103 772011