[3dem] Stanford EM-X Symposium: January 8th, 2024, 8:00-9:30 AM

Dunn, Lisa B. lisa at slac.stanford.edu
Wed Dec 20 12:20:48 PST 2023

We are pleased to invite you to our January 2024 Stanford Electron Microscopy-X (EM-X) Symposium on Monday, January 8th, 2024, 8:00-9:30 AM (PST).

Speakers:
Prof. Eva Nogales
Professor at the University of California, Berkeley
Talk Title: Dealing with recalcitrant samples in cryo-EM
Bio: Eva Nogales is a Distinguished Professor of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Structural Biology at UC Berkeley, a Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator and a Senior Faculty Scientist at LBNL. She is a former President of the American Society of Cell Biology.

Prof. Juan Carlos Idrobo
Associate Professor at University of Washington
Talk Title: Electron microscopy: redefining the limits of observation
Bio: Juan Carlos is now an Associate Professor of Materials Science & Engineering at University of Washington, with a Joint Appointment at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory. He has long pioneered the development and applications of high resolution STEM techniques for materials research.

We expect a large attendance, please register soon at https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://stanford.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_g2SgqrB2R7Ke2p7Pmjre_w__;!!Mih3wA!DxgAMvqC89hXELMEmh_w_5fi_DFAddlWR3FaPn8QNwgjl_d2Q80tJ5pVJXgS-ljGNMa3Hv-eEmAObj85PTnOa6A$  and visit our official website at https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://emx.stanford.edu/__;!!Mih3wA!DxgAMvqC89hXELMEmh_w_5fi_DFAddlWR3FaPn8QNwgjl_d2Q80tJ5pVJXgS-ljGNMa3Hv-eEmAObj859gZTd1o$  and https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://emx.stanford.edu/previous-speakers__;!!Mih3wA!DxgAMvqC89hXELMEmh_w_5fi_DFAddlWR3FaPn8QNwgjl_d2Q80tJ5pVJXgS-ljGNMa3Hv-eEmAObj85Aih06Ac$  to see our previous speakers.

We are looking forward to seeing you there!

Regards,

Wah Chiu
Wallenberg-Bienenstock Professor
Department of Bioengineering
Division of CryoEM and Bioimaging, SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
Stanford University