[3dem] Scientific software and cryo-EM algorithm developer positions at Astex Pharmaceuticals

Michael Saur Michael.Saur at astx.com
Mon Apr 24 01:30:34 PDT 2023

Dear community,

We have two very exciting positions available in the cryo-EM software team at Astex, Cambridge, UK. The team focuses on developing the Astex cryo-EM processing platform which supports drug discovery projects. With ~1400 datasets processed by our pipeline in 2022 we are developing the algorithms and workflows to enable high-resolution, high-throughput cryo-EM and the development of drugs against cancer and diseases of the central nervous system.

Please have a look at the positions behind this link
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.cloudonlinerecruitment.co.uk/Astex/VacancyDetails.aspx?FromSearch=True&MenuID=&VacancyID=44__;!!Mih3wA!DGnDvbROOibYrY5aiQd587uDcaibZJimASlZEqc5HBTLBdXOPnvTu_Ht5ywL52s5w1hxNLoFi1esZSDdfJI8e2oK$

If you generally want to have a taste of what we are doing, have a look at our paper from 2020 in which we describe the feasibility of fragment-based drug discovery using cryo-EM (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1359644619304659?via*3Dihub__;JQ!!Mih3wA!DGnDvbROOibYrY5aiQd587uDcaibZJimASlZEqc5HBTLBdXOPnvTu_Ht5ywL52s5w1hxNLoFi1esZSDdfBSvIICw$ ).

And if you have any questions concerning the positions, please contact me directly via e-mail. My colleagues Joshua Lobo and Ferdinand Krupp will also attend the CCPEM Spring Symposium, starting on the 25th of April, and will be happy to have a chat with you there.

The Astex cryo-EM team would be thrilled to hear from you!

Michael Saur, PhD
Senior Research Associate
Astex Pharmaceuticals
436 Cambridge Science Park
Milton Road, Cambridge
CB4 0QA, UK
Tel: +44(0)1223 435047

michael.saur at astx.com<mailto:michael.saur at astx.com>
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.astx.com__;!!Mih3wA!DGnDvbROOibYrY5aiQd587uDcaibZJimASlZEqc5HBTLBdXOPnvTu_Ht5ywL52s5w1hxNLoFi1esZSDdfDHZoN_q$ <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.astx.com/__;!!Mih3wA!DGnDvbROOibYrY5aiQd587uDcaibZJimASlZEqc5HBTLBdXOPnvTu_Ht5ywL52s5w1hxNLoFi1esZSDdfJ2XXzDm$ >

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto and notify the sender immediately.