[3dem] International Cryo-EM (ICE) Workshop for Advanced Materials

Watt, John Daniel watt at lanl.gov
Wed Jun 8 14:47:20 PDT 2022

REMINDER! Please join us, registration closing soon!

Dear Colleague,

We invite you to register for the first ‘International Cryo-EM (ICE) Workshop for Advanced Materials’ on Aug 22 – 25th, 2022, which will take place at the Center for Integrated Nanotechnologies (CINT), Sandia National Laboratories (SNL), 1101 Eubank SE, Albuquerque, NM 87123.

Please register here: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cvent.me/4xvLQd__;!!Mih3wA!B8ERtvo8UlGDtShuJH3ZoKpgV1B6kKg2Ami-tcGkm-oH7izAHawm9jEZMqiXyeQrsqz7KKasVRBNxHJH$ <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https*3A*2F*2Fcvent.me*2F4xvLQd&data=05*7C01*7CKatherine.Jungjohann*40nrel.gov*7C2d39c91019bd4a36bf4c08da286f4ef9*7Ca0f29d7e28cd4f5484427885aee7c080*7C0*7C0*7C637866755796257165*7CUnknown*7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0*3D*7C3000*7C*7C*7C&sdata=3a5mPw0JD*2FfWnD*2F*2FDQWhP*2BUxXeGuskzLw1Sp2yhoF60*3D&reserved=0__;JSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUl!!Bt8fGhp8LhKGRg!W-ka6-dbSQLDgEvzrHYtP1dVrvsxxVKYswAcfqSJ-tXrwUidP78IJXAIXABsYg$>  Space is limited to first 40 registered participants and registration will close on June 17th.

The ‘ICE Workshop for Advanced Materials’ is an in person science and training workshop that combines invited lectures on current advancements and applications of cryogenic electron microscopy for materials sciences with lab demonstrations of current state-of-art cryogenic microscopy techniques.

This workshop covers each critical step of a successful cryogenic microscopy study, including specimen preparation, specimen transfer, cryogenic SEM/FIB, new cryo-EM stages, imaging and spectroscopy at low temperatures. Vendor talks will provide information on the current state-of-the-art tools and workflows for Cryo-EM experiments. In-person lab demonstrations will be performed at CINTs Core Facility at SNL, allowing participants to have live interactions with the instructors and hands-on experience. We invite participants to bring a (3’ x 4’) poster of their work to share during the workshop. Additional pre-recorded lab demonstrations will be provided by experts from various institutions.

This workshop aims to unify the current state-of-the-art and bring together experts in cryogenic electron microscopy for materials science. We particularly aim to:

  *   Provide a learning platform for students and early career materials scientists who are interested in recent Cryo-EM technical and scientific advancements
  *   Connect scientists from international and US universities with National Laboratories to stimulate an intensive exchange of Cryo-EM knowledge
  *   Accelerate the design and developments of new equipment and methods for cryo-EM research

We look forward to seeing you there!
Best regards,

ICE Workshop Organizing Committee

John Watt, Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL)/Sandia National Laboratories (SNL), watt at lanl.gov<file:///C:/Users/311310/Documents/Symposia_Meetings/ICE%20Workshop%202022/watt@lanl.gov>