[3dem] Postdoctoral position - Ion Channels

krishna ch krishna.chinthalapudi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 17:29:32 PDT 2022

Dear All,

Applications are invited for a joint postdoctoral scientist position in the laboratories of Dr. Isabelle Deschenes and Dr. Krishna Chinthalapudi at the Ohio State University. The research project focuses on understanding the role of ion channels in health and disease. We combine state-of-the-art structural biology approaches including cryo-EM, X-ray crystallography, and electrophysiology with biochemical, biophysical, and cell biological methods to investigate how ion channels function in health and disease.

Our laboratories are equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation for the proposed studies and have generous access to a Titan Krios G3i Cryo-TEM equipped with a K3 direct electron detector, imaging phase plates, and an image spherical aberration corrector. In addition, our labs have access to Glacios with a falcon III detector and Ceta-D camera for MicroED analysis at the world-class Center for Electron Microscopy and Analysis (CEMAS) at the Ohio State University.

Applicants must have a Ph.D. in structural biology, biochemistry, or a related field. Expertise in molecular biology techniques, membrane protein expression and purification, electrophysiology, and/or high-resolution imaging are desirable.

To be considered for this position, please email your curriculum vitae, a short cover letter with research experience and interests, and contact information for three references to Krishna Chinthalapudi (krishna.chinthalapudi at osumc.edu <mailto:krishna.chinthalapudi at osumc.edu>) and Isabelle Deschenes (isabelle.deschenes at osumc.edu <mailto:isabelle.deschenes at osumc.edu>).

Thank you,

Krishna