[3dem] Postdoc position in Allegretti group MRC-LMB

Matteo Allegretti matteo.allegretti at embl.de
Tue Sep 21 06:12:39 PDT 2021

Dear colleagues,
 we are looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral candidate to join my group at MRC-LMB, Structural Studies Division (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www2.mrc-2Dlmb.cam.ac.uk_group-2Dleaders_a-2Dto-2Dg_matteo-2Dallegretti_&d=DwIFaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=I_I7cacKpPpz9PD4GlsL9-gUCTSrY_-kREol2U2QT78&s=VXZg3bRHMEe3dPFDusXHEZHPvs0SRXaZ5jr4AIrAopc&e=  (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www2.mrc-2Dlmb.cam.ac.uk_group-2Dleaders_a-2Dto-2Dg_matteo-2Dallegretti_&d=DwIFaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=I_I7cacKpPpz9PD4GlsL9-gUCTSrY_-kREol2U2QT78&s=VXZg3bRHMEe3dPFDusXHEZHPvs0SRXaZ5jr4AIrAopc&e= )). The candidate should be interested in developing and combining cellular structural biology (advanced cryo-focused ion beam specimen preparations, cryo-electron tomography, correlative light/electron microscopy, 3D processing/subtomogram averaging, theoretical modelling) with other structural and cell biology methods to investigate the macromolecular basis of nuclear reshaping.
 Applicants must have a Ph.D. in life science or engineering (or due to complete within 6 months) and demonstrate the ability to have worked independently and in a team, to have a significant track record with original contributions, and to be committed to interdisciplinary, integrative research.
 Successful candidates will be given a challenging project and side projects discussed with me. Original ideas will be also taken in consideration.
 The position is funded by the MRC, but the candidate can get my support in applying for fellowships.
 Applicants will be introduced to a professional development program that will help them for their future career. I will provide continuous support and personal mentorship.
 MRC-LMB is a terrific research institution with a strong emphasis on qualitative and collaborative research work and with access to outstanding core facilities for cryo-EM, light microscopy, mass spectrometry, X-rays, NMR, biophysics, flow-cytometry.
 Applicants should provide a CV, a motivation letter including a brief description of current research activities and potential starting date, and contact information of at least 2 referees here: zpr.io/6gzkadpPgTUj (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__t.co_38kvYY5ERm-3Famp-3D1&d=DwIFaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=I_I7cacKpPpz9PD4GlsL9-gUCTSrY_-kREol2U2QT78&s=lXVz6N47WX5kNcOzB0ddNBNtJ8_upQyEtXvxgEuCFVE&e= )
 Application deadline is on the 19 October, 2021. Please spread the voice and feel free to contact me (matteo.allegretti at biophys.mpg.de (mailto:matteo.allegretti at biophys.mpg.de)) for more information regarding the positions.
 Cheers,
 Matteo
--
Matteo Allegretti
Post-doctoral Fellow

The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) Heidelberg
Martin Beck groupMeyerhofstraße 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany