[3dem] cryo TEM holder for autogrids and ThermoFisher/FEI

Tobias Furstenhaupt furstenh at mpi-cbg.de
Tue Jun 8 22:51:56 PDT 2021

Dear colleagues,

So far we have two 626 Gatan cryoholders but we now look for a new cryo holder for our side-entry Cryo TEM (Titan Halo) to image autogrids. To my knowledge there are two companies offering those holders in the new 'toroid' design with temperature holding time of about 10h:

- Gatan with its "Elsa" holder for one or three autogrids
- Simple Origins Model 200 for two autogrids

does anybody of you know other sources? Do you have any experiences with the the Elsa or 200? We tested the latter for two weeks and it works as promised without problems.

cheers
Tobias

Tobias Fürstenhaupt, PhD
head of Electron Microscopy
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics (MPI-CBG)
Pfotenhauerstrasse 108
01307 Dresden, Germany

mail: furstenh at mpi-cbg.de
phone: (+49) (0)351 210-2690