[3dem] Prof, senior lecturer and research fellow opportunities at the MRC - University of Glasgow Centre for Virus Research

David Bhella David.Bhella at glasgow.ac.uk
Thu Jan 28 07:24:35 PST 2021

Dear Colleagues

I wrote previously to highlight openings for two professor/senior lecturer positions within the CVR.
The CVR is host to the Scottish Centre for Macromolecular Imaging, one of the first cryo-EM centres to adopt the JEOL CryoARM 300.
We would be interested to hear from applicants leading a programme in virus structure research by Cryo-EM.

The closing date for these posts is Monday the 1st of February.

We have also created a research fellow post (fully funded until March 2023) to support an early career researcher looking to transition to independence.  Support and mentoring is offered to allow the post-holder to establish their lab and secure further funding through the established UK fellowship schemes (e.g Wellcome Henry Dale, BBSRC Future Leader etc.).

The closing date for this opportunity is 24th February.

Applications can be made here: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.gla.ac.uk/explore/jobs/__;!!Mih3wA!XjQdtE_TisXhyEmLoJoZuGgn_TFeVfETJxyKTtWU_zOE8YAHF42STd9qlNqh-QNkFw$

The reference number for the PI posts is 046865
The reference number for the research fellow post is 048105.

Best Wishes,
D.

Professor of Structural Virology
Associate Director - MRC-University of Glasgow Centre for Virus Research
Director - Scottish Centre for Macromolecular Imaging

Sir Michael Stoker Building
Garscube Campus
464 Bearsden Road
Glasgow G61 1QH