[3dem] Postdoc position at the interface of matererial science and structural biology at MPI

Ingo Lieberwirth lieberw at mpip-mainz.mpg.de
Tue Jan 26 08:19:10 PST 2021

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.mpip-mainz.mpg.de/512350/Postdoctoral_position_nanomedicine?c=102396__;!!Mih3wA!T3Aqi4cnFGmqbIYk4C0IbJc2NiIby_pg7A0OPcpiOtaCSkLw_JNw-tVttZi1U__TwA$ >Hi
everyone,

the Max-Planck Institute for Polymer Research offers a Postdoc position
off the beaten track: Materials science meets structural biology -
Exploring new possibilities of a unique cryo-microscope with DED-EEL
spectrometer and STEM imaging capabilities.
The MPI for Polymer Research is currently installing a Titan Krios G4
with a Gatan Continuum K3 energy filter. This unique configuration opens
up unimagined possibilities for data acquisition by STEM or EFTEM. We
are looking for an innovative postdoc who is willing to leave the beaten
track of conventional structural 3DEM to explore the uncharted interface
between materials science and structural biology. In addition, there
will be enough access to microscope time to perform independent research
projects within these position. We expect the successful candidate to
have a sound background in SPA or subtomogram averaging. Programming
skills are an advantage.
Interested candidates can find additional details at
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.mpip-mainz.mpg.de/512350/Postdoctoral_position_nanomedicine?c=102396__;!!Mih3wA!T3Aqi4cnFGmqbIYk4C0IbJc2NiIby_pg7A0OPcpiOtaCSkLw_JNw-tVttZi1U__TwA$

For further information you are welcome to contact me via email.

With kind regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen_

*Dr. Ingo Lieberwirth*

Head of Electron Microscopy Core Facility Department of Physical
Chemistry of Polymers Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research
Ackermannweg 10 55128 Mainz Germany Tel. +49 6131 379 580 FAX +49 6131
379 100 https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mpip-mainz.mpg.de/physical_chem_of_polymers__;!!Mih3wA!T3Aqi4cnFGmqbIYk4C0IbJc2NiIby_pg7A0OPcpiOtaCSkLw_JNw-tVttZjSiaNF_A$