[3dem] [External] Another RAID in K3 PC

Morgan, David Gene dagmorga at indiana.edu
Tue Jan 12 09:25:45 PST 2021

Hi,

    I totally agree with you and think that other people have offered good responses to your post.  I will add that I had the same thoughts but made the mistake of asking Gatan for technical information about the PC tower/blade in order to understand what I needed to do.  They were not at all helpful.

    I was told in no uncertain terms that I absolutely could not modify the box without bringing the potential wrath of the company down upon us.  Since we have had issues with our K3 since day one, I decided to get those issues sorted out before dealing with any changes to hardware inside the box.  I am still dealing with those same issues but will keep the responses to your post and implement something once we have these other issues sorted out.

--
    politics is more difficult than physics.
                                             A. Einstein

            David Gene Morgan
        Electron Microscopy Center
             047E Simon Hall