[3dem] Oxford Biomedical Research Computing (BMRC) facility job opportunities

Helen Duyvesteyn hmeduyvesteyn at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 01:46:56 PST 2021

*****Posting on behalf of Dr. Robert Esnouf...*****
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Dear All,

I hope you have all been keeping safe in this most difficult of years. It
is especially important this year to make the most of the season and take
some time out for your nearest and dearest - even if you are still keeping
a secret eye on things really.

Oxford's Biomedical Research Computing (BMRC), the compute facility of the
Wellcome Centre for Human Genetics and the Oxford Big Data Institute, has
been busy with the best of you, but now it is time to expand our team of
five ready for future challenges... So, if joining a growing team at the
heart of some truly fantastic research - including lots of world-leading
Covid-19 research - appeals then read on...

First, we are looking for a Grade 7 Research Computing Administrator to
join the team based in the Wellcome Centre for Human Genetics. The role
will be mostly directly supporting users in getting their science done and
will have a particular role supporting the electron microscopy (EM)
research of the Centre. This role would be an ideal stepping-stone into
research computing for someone with a strong background in scientific
computing, especially in the research areas of BMRC, rather than requiring
a high level of hardware knowledge at the outset - the closing date for
this post is Monday 18th January

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://my.corehr.com/pls/uoxrecruit/erq_jobspec_version_4.display_form?p_company=10&p_internal_external=E&p_display_in_irish=N&p_process_type=&p_applicant_no=&p_form_profile_detail=&p_display_apply_ind=Y&p_refresh_search=Y&p_recruitment_id=148898__;!!Mih3wA!XwckXg0Df-Mm3tSGIvbUFFpbb1XH-XPNeXRDQqFNj7Da87TeMtHw0-vWNBeb6gY9tA$

Second, we are advertising for a Grade 7 Information Governance Officer
based in the Big Data Institute to help with all aspects of our compliance,
but especially for our on-premise cloud-based services, so that we can
bring new areas of research to our platforms. The role will be particularly
supporting the Novartis-Oxford collaboration in data science and AI and the
research of the National Consortium of Intelligent Medical Imaging (NCIMI)
- the closing date for this post is Monday 11th January

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://my.corehr.com/pls/uoxrecruit/erq_jobspec_version_4.display_form?p_company=10&p_internal_external=E&p_display_in_irish=N&p_process_type=&p_applicant_no=&p_form_profile_detail=&p_display_apply_ind=Y&p_refresh_search=Y&p_recruitment_id=148790__;!!Mih3wA!XwckXg0Df-Mm3tSGIvbUFFpbb1XH-XPNeXRDQqFNj7Da87TeMtHw0-vWNBfjkAh_Cg$

Finally, our friends at the neighbouring the Kennedy Institute of
Rheumatology are also looking for a Grade 8 Research Computing
Administrator. From Easter 2021, the Kennedy Institute will join with BMRC
to develop further our coherent, centrally managed research computing
capability. This role with jointly report to myself and to Brian Marsden (
brian.marsden at kennedy.ox.ac.uk) and will partly be to directly supporting
users in getting their science done on BMRC facilities and also to be
responsible for the hardware that remains in the Kennedy Institute - the
closing date for this post is Monday 11th January

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://my.corehr.com/pls/uoxrecruit/erq_jobspec_version_4.display_form?p_company=10&p_internal_external=E&p_display_in_irish=N&p_process_type=&p_applicant_no=&p_form_profile_detail=&p_display_apply_ind=Y&p_refresh_search=Y&p_recruitment_id=148730__;!!Mih3wA!XwckXg0Df-Mm3tSGIvbUFFpbb1XH-XPNeXRDQqFNj7Da87TeMtHw0-vWNBfu5nnGLg$

Informal questions can be directed to me in the first instance or else see
the individual job descriptions...

Best Wishes for a much better 2021!
Take care all,
Robert Esnouf

--
Dr Robert Esnouf

University Research Lecturer,
Director of Research Computing BDI,
Head of Research Computing Core WHG,
NDM Research Computing Strategy Officer

Main office:
Room 10/028, Wellcome Centre for Human Genetics,
Old Road Campus, Roosevelt Drive, Oxford OX3 7BN, UK

Emails:
robert at strubi.ox.ac.uk / robert at well.ox.ac.uk / robert.esnouf at bdi.ox.ac.uk