[3dem] Principal Investigator opportunities at the MRC - University of Glasgow Centre for Virus Research

David Bhella David.Bhella at glasgow.ac.uk
Tue Jan 5 03:09:20 PST 2021

Dear Colleagues

I am writing to draw your attention to an opportunity for structural virologists to join the CVR as core funded group leaders. We are recruiting to two PI positions at the senior lecturer/professor level. I attach a copy of the advert.

The CVR is a leading UK research centre focussing on viruses, having both breadth and depth in our research programmes that range from the molecular/structural through to evolution and epidemiological studies as well as clinical virology. We study a wide range of human and animal viruses.

The CVR is host to the Scottish Centre for Macromolecular Imaging - a national centre for structural biology research by cryogenic electron microscopy, as such CVR PIs have ready access to the SCMI’s front line instrument a JEOL CryoARM300 equipped with a Direct Electron DE64, as well as a 200 keV feeder microscope (JEOL F2 Cryo).

If you would like to know more about these research focussed positions, please do get in touch.

Best Wishes,
Dave Bhella

Professor of Structural Virology
Associate Director - MRC-University of Glasgow Centre for Virus Research
Director - Scottish Centre for Macromolecular Imaging

Sir Michael Stoker Building
Garscube Campus
464 Bearsden Road
Glasgow G61 1QH