[3dem] 2021 3DEM GRC/GRC announcement.

Sharon G Wolf Sharon.Wolf at weizmann.ac.il
Wed Apr 21 08:54:25 PDT 2021

Hello 3DEM community
As I wrote before, the 3DEM GRC and GRS will be held at the Jordan Hotel, in Sunday River, Maine, USA.
The GRS will be from 30-31 October, 2021 and the GRC will be held 31 October to 5 November 2021.
GRC:    https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.grc.org/three-dimensional-electron-microscopy-conference/2021/__;!!Mih3wA!W6M_2uJaylKHS4i5mSeSv8I7IUhrZo7hhYhasP0NfjqwQlTewcOVy03iZ_ygLPRTVQ$ <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.grc.org/three-dimensional-electron-microscopy-conference/2021/__;!!Mih3wA!Q-jK1xiXgDLpz-97q834Mdu5lB5taIuQ8M06zYsCWjwYKk9MCGIK-2TgaDVPUrhzjw$>
GRS:   https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.grc.org/three-dimensional-electron-microscopy-grs-conference/2021/__;!!Mih3wA!W6M_2uJaylKHS4i5mSeSv8I7IUhrZo7hhYhasP0NfjqwQlTewcOVy03iZ_ybVY8i0A$

We are pretty confident now that the meetings will take place, so I am starting to organize the GRC, and will start accepting applicants starting in mid to late May. This is in order to give people who need visas to enter the USA five months to do so. In these pandemic times, it takes extra time.
The process is two-step. You need to apply to attend. If you are accepted, then you are sent information to register. If you are not accepted, you are put on a waiting list.
IMPORTANT: If you were accepted to the cancelled 2020 meeting, you will need to apply again. All data regarding that meeting has been removed and we are starting from scratch.

The GRC and the GRS are traditionally highly over-subscribed. Last year we had over 350 applicants for only 200 places. Many highly qualified people had to be put on the waiting list.

When you apply PLEASE REMEMBER to give information on your research activities. Preference will go to people presenting posters over those not presenting posters. If you are a student or postdoc or staff member of a research group, PLEASE INDICATE who is the PI of your group.
We will need to balance attendance with regard to geography, gender, types of research etc etc. as well as getting wide representation from many research groups. Please understand this is a very difficult task and its important to know what research group you work in.

The GRS (for early-stage researchers) has a separate application process. Please go to that site to apply there. Acceptance the the GRS does not guarantee acceptance to the GRC, or vice-versa. They are separate processes.

Special Covid-related information from the GRC:

"To ensure the health and safety of all of our communities, social distancing adjustments will be made at all of our venues to ensure compliance and best practices as followed. In addition, the GRC Board will require all attendees to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test, antibody test or vaccination in order to attend a GRC or GRS in 2021. Please visit the Jordan Hotel COVID-19 information sheet, https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.grc.org/_resources/common/userfiles/file/Jordan__;!!Mih3wA!W6M_2uJaylKHS4i5mSeSv8I7IUhrZo7hhYhasP0NfjqwQlTewcOVy03iZ_x6OiPiOQ$  COVID & Venue Information.pdf, for all current procedures in place. We will continue to update these pages with the most up-to-date information."

Best regards,
Sharon
2021 3DEM GRC Chair

---------------------------------------
Dr. Sharon Grayer Wolf
Golde and Shimon Picker Research Fellow Chair in Electron Microscopy
Head, Electron Microscopy Unit
Weizmann Institute of Science
234 Herzl St., Rehovot 76100
Israel
Tel:<Tel:+>  +972-8-934-4421
Mobile: +972-50-794-5518
sharon.wolf at weizmann.ac.il<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.weizmann.ac.il/Chemical_Research_Support/EM_Unit/SharonWolf/__;!!Mih3wA!Q-jK1xiXgDLpz-97q834Mdu5lB5taIuQ8M06zYsCWjwYKk9MCGIK-2TgaDXy_etQ7A$>

[cid:E42FA4B1-A8E3-4E2D-B429-AB58970B0CD8 at weizmann.ac.il]