[3dem] Postdoctoral positions - CryoEM/Infectious diseases

David Veesler dveesler at uw.edu
Wed Sep 30 10:58:18 PDT 2020

Two postdoctoral positions are available in the Veesler lab at the University of Washington School of Medicine in Seattle.

We study the pathogenesis of infectious diseases with a special emphasis on viral entry (e.g. coronaviruses) into host cells and the associated host immune response using structural, biophysical and immunology approaches.

The Arnold and Mabel Beckman CryoEM Center at the University of Washington includes a Titan Krios microscope equipped with a phase-plate, a Gatan Bioquantum energy filter and a K2 Summit camera (which will be updated to K3) as well as a Glacios microscope outfitted with a K2 Summit. In addition to three vitrobots, the center houses a TTP Chameleon (Spotiton) for automated specimen vitrification.

We are looking for highly-motivated applicants holding a Ph.D. or equivalent degree and have a strong track record in structural biology, biophysics, microbiology and/or biochemistry.

Please send a brief statement of research interests, a curriculum vitae and contact information of three references to this email address.

Best regards

David Veesler, PhD
Associate Professor
Department of Biochemistry