[3dem] PostDoc position DNAorigami and cryoTEM, France

Gaetan Bellot gaetan.bellot at cbs.cnrs.fr
Wed Nov 4 23:13:09 PST 2020

Dear all,

	I would like to bring your attention to the open postdoctoral position
at the Centre de Biochimie Structurale in Montpellier, France (
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.cbs.cnrs.fr__;!!Mih3wA!R1yD0LmUNIAVFpmsd-QSV-SaThXIqBJvDDktU2JiGg2Sd7ZSzjmM6yD4C70viRA-Yw$  ). This will be a full-time, 34-months appointment
focused on the development and implementation of new DNA nanotechnology
based tools for protein structural biology. The project is funded by The
French National Research Agency and will be carried out under the
supervision of Gaëtan Bellot. We are seeking a highly motivated
candidate with expertise in Biochemistry and Structural Biology, ideally
in the area of Electron Microscopy, with a keen interest in applying
this knowledge to Membrane Biology. Our EM facility hosts a 200 keV
microscope equipped with energy filters and direct electron detector. In
addition, a 120 keV microscopes will be available soon for screening.
	Specifically, our laboratory develops functional DNA origami
nanodevices. You will develop two main projects: i) Structural analysis
of membrane protein (G-Protein Coupled Receptors) by single particle
electron microscopy. This work is part of an ongoing collaborative
research projects with the team of Sebastien Granier at IGF, Montpellier
( https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.igf.cnrs.fr/index.php/fr/h-teams-__;!!Mih3wA!R1yD0LmUNIAVFpmsd-QSV-SaThXIqBJvDDktU2JiGg2Sd7ZSzjmM6yD4C70eQ5bAEA$  fr/h-granier-fr ). ii)
New DNA-based nanostructures methods for biophysics studies and
structural elucidation of proteins by Cryo-Electon Microscopy.

	Applicants must have a Ph.D. and should have a strong background in
Biochemistry/Chemistry or in Biophysics/Structural-Biology. Experience
in the field of Cryo-Electon Microscopy is highly desirable.
	Candidates should send an inquiry with CV and have one or two
references send letters of recommendation to gaetan.bellot at cbs.cnrs.fr

--

Gaëtan Bellot, Ph.D. INSERM
gaetan.bellot at cbs.cnrs.fr