[3dem] Postdoc opportunity in Exeter, UK

Daum, Bertram B.Daum2 at exeter.ac.uk
Mon Aug 20 08:12:02 PDT 2018

Dear all,

A EU-funded position for a Postdoctoral Research Assistant is available in the group of Dr. Bertram Daum at the Living Systems Institute, University of Exeter.

The successful candidate will employ biochemistry, electron cryo-tomography and single particle electron microscopy to study the structure and function of prokaryotic surface layers and filaments for applications in synthetic biology and micro-robotics. Our institute is equipped with brand new sample preparation laboratories, an automated and cryo-capable screening microscope with CMOS detector, a dedicated high-performance computer cluster for image processing and 3D visualisation workstations. The candidate will also have regular access to our shared GW4 200 kV Talos Arctica with a K2 direct electron detector, and to 300kV Titan Krios microscopes at core facilities.

Closing date for applications is 27th August 2018.

For further information please see here

https://jobs.exeter.ac.uk/hrpr_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID=796076MUQp&WVID=3817591jNg&LANG=USA

Best regards,
Bertram