[3dem] FFT question

Marin van Heel marin.vanheel at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 29 12:27:12 PST 2017

Dear Gary

It could be high-frequency vibrations of your one holder but it can be a
number of other things as well.  We have developed special software
within the IMAGIC-4D
system to diagnose such problems. If you want us to run a test on your
data we would need access to you entire 50 frames movie.
Cheers

Marin

On 29/12/2017 17:23, Garry P Morgan wrote:
> Hi,
> we’re getting consistently clipped FFT’s on our TF30…the attached
> image is from a 50-frame, summed/aligned image of the carbon (of a
> cryo-grid). the drift numbers are reasonably low, there is no
> astigmatism.  just wondering if any of you can provide a possible
> explanation of this?  it definitely looks like drift or some sort of
> movement, right?  we have 2 Gatan 626 holders, and it seems to only be
> happening with one of the holders…has anyone encountered a problem
> like this associated with a holder?
> thanks,
> Garry

     Prof Dr Ir Marin van Heel

     Laboratório Nacional de Nanotecnologia - LNNano
     CNPEM/LNNano, Campinas, Brazil

     tel:    +55-19-3518-2316
     mobile  +55-19-981809332
                  (041-19-981809332 TIM)
     Skype:  Marin.van.Heel
     email:  marin.vanheel(A_T)gmail.com
             marin.vanheel(A_T)lnnano.cnpem.br
     and:    mvh.office(A_T)gmail.com

     Emeritus Professor of Cryo-EM Data Processing
     Leiden University
     Mobile NL: +31(0)652736618

     Emeritus Professor of Structural Biology
     Imperial College London
     Faculty of Natural Sciences
     email: m.vanheel(A_T)imperial.ac.uk