[3dem] focused refinement

Sonali Dhindwal sdhindwal at ccny.cuny.edu
Tue Dec 26 06:14:23 PST 2017

Dear All,

I have a query regarding focused refinement.

I have a complex that I am trying to refine using Class3D and Refine3D  module in relion.

Due to the possible heterogeneity in positioning of these interacting partner with respect to each other, I have created a circular mask using dynamo and using it in relion to mask one of the interacting partner, so that the refinement focuses on it not the other interacting partner. ?But in doing so, it just chops the region outside the mask.

Please guide, how to create mask so that refinement program just put less weight on the structure outside the mask and not removing it and do refinement on the structure focusing in the inside of mask.?

Thanks and Regards