[3dem] postdoctoral positions in Stockholm

Pascal Meier pascal.meier at dbb.su.se
Wed Dec 20 00:16:32 PST 2017

Dear Colleagues

On behalf of David Drew, I like to share with you this announcement for postdoctoral positions at the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics at Stockholm University.

We are looking for two highly motivated Post-Docs with a Ph.D. in Structural biology, Biophysics or related disciplines to work in the lab of David Drew at Stockholm University in Sweden. Our group aims to dissect the molecular mechanisms of small molecule transport across membranes1. We are using cryoEM, NMR, X-ray crystallography and other biochemical and biophysical approaches to establish how medically-relevant ion and sugar transport proteins function at the atomic level.

The Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics has a strong background in membrane biology. We have access to an excellent cryo-EM facility equipped with a Talos Arctica with FEI Falcon III detector and a Titan Krios with FEI Falcon III detector and Gatan Bioquantum K2 Summit detector.
You should have a Ph.D. in Structural Biology or a related discipline with a strong publication record and a desire to work on challenging and multidisciplinary projects. Experience in protein expression, purification and cryo-EM and/or X-ray crystallography is essential for the position. Positions are initially available for 2-years with a possibility of extension.

To apply, please send an email to ddrew at dbb.su.se<mailto:ddrew at dbb.su.se> with a single pdf that includes your CV and publication record (max 2-pages).

Kind regards
David Drew?

1: http://www.annualreviews.org/doi/abs/10.1146/annurev-biochem-060815-014520