[3dem] substitute for the Edwards carbon evaporator?

Gomez Llorente, Yacob yacob.gomez.llorente at merck.com
Tue Dec 12 08:25:55 PST 2017

Dear all,
Thank you very much for your answers and your personal emails.
They are very useful.
I assumed but didn't clarify that I would need the machine for carbon and gold coating for cryoEM single particle. Therefore the thinness and high quality of the films are the key parameters.
For what I can see, thermal evaporation vs sputtering and replacing the oil pump with a scroll or diaphragm pump are the key features.

Please, don't hesitate to keep posting experiences.

Thank you very much!
Yacob