[3dem] Vitrobot Mark IV water cylinder

Bob Grassucci rg2502 at columbia.edu
Wed Dec 18 14:21:32 PST 2013

Hi All,
Thanks for all of your helpful suggestions.  Below is what I have tried
and my conclusions.
1 There is no leak in the water cylinder that would cause it to empty.
2 The sonicator is working (I took off the cylinder and sprayed myself
with water.
3 I can hear the fan so it should be dispersing the water vapor.
4 I can check the humidity sensor but doubt that is the problem since it
gets there at times.
5 I set the humidifier to manual and got little puffs of humidity rather
than blowing like crazy.
6. This is at 6 degrees so it does take a while to bring it to 100%
since the humidity condenses on the cold surfaces.
7 When I mount the cylinder and pull with the syringe I get very little
resistance making me suspect a poor seal with the chamber thus not
pulling water from the outer to inner vessel.

Thanks again for your help.
Bob