[3dem] creating models from PDB files

Steven Ludtke sludtke at bcm.edu
Wed Jul 27 21:13:15 PDT 2011

I would argue that 'better than another' is a relative term. The question is, better for what ?
Are you after 2 A ?  5 A ? 25 A ? Do you need to worry about solvation ?  If trying to compare to
a single particle reconstruction, what about angle orientation uncertainty ? That has a very different
effect than the normal sort of blurring most programs do.  So, what is it you're after in your
synthetic map ?

Steven Ludtke, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Dept. of Biochemistry and Mol. Biol.      Those who do
Co-Director National Center For Macromolecular Imaging	           ARE
Baylor College of Medicine                                     The converse
sludtke at bcm.edu  -or-  stevel at alumni.caltech.edu               also applies
http://ncmi.bcm.edu/~stevel