[3dem] floating EM grids

Fang Zhao fang.zhao at helsinki.fi
Wed Sep 8 03:41:54 PDT 2010

Hi, Roman:

I usually use home-made grids-culture assembly. Basically, it is a coverslip
that holds 4-5 grids then covered by plastic film like formva on top of
grids and the whole coverslip.  Both glass or plastic coverslip are OK, but
glass is better. This assembly eases the culture process greatly because you
are handling coverslip, not grids anymore.

If your protocol allow to use formva or other plastic supporting film, and
if you have experience to make supporting film, it is easy. I can send you
more details or photo to show it.

Fang
Fang Zhao, MD. PhD.
Advanced Microscopy Unit (AMU)