postdoctoral position

Michael Radermacher mraderma at physiology.med.uvm.edu
Tue May 3 20:10:15 PDT 2005

Postdoctoral position available.

A postdoctoral position is available for three-dimensional electron microscopy
of macromolecular complexes. Currently one of our main projects is the
determination of the structure of complexes in the mitochondrial respiratory
chain. The project entails the preparation of isolated complexes for negative
stain and cryo electron microscopy, high resolution image collection and image
processing for three-dimensional reconstruction. The candidate we are looking
for should have experience in biological electron microscopy and image
processing. Candidates with experience in other microscopical techniques and/or
X-ray crystallography combined with quantitative computer based data analysis
will also be considered.
	Our laboratory is equipped with a Tecnai 12 electron microscope equipped for
cryo-electron microscopy. Usage of a field emission electron microscope can be
arranged. We have extensive computing facilities, image processing and
visualization software. Our main image reconstruction software packages are
SPIDER and XMIPP running under Unix.
	The University of Vermont is one of the oldest Universities in the US (visit
www.uvm.edu ). The city of Burlington, located on Lake Champlain, close to
Montreal, is great place to live and offers an active cultural environment and
plentiful recreational opportunities.

Please send your application including CV and three references by mail or email
(mraderma at physiology.med.uvm.edu).

Dr. Michael Radermacher,
University of Vermont,
Dept. Molecular Physiology and Biophysics
HSRF Bldg. Room 120,
Burlington, VT 05405

The University of Vermont is an equal opportunity employer.