[3dem] Latest Developments on the EMDB Published

Justin Flatt justin at rcsb.rutgers.edu
Fri Mar 8 11:46:28 PST 2024

This manuscript addresses the recent developments in the archiving of
3DEM data and the future plans for the EMDB. The burgeoning popularity
of the electron microscopy field has been coupled with new technologies
and software solutions, together this has pushed exponential growth in
yearly depositions, increases in the resolution of the deposited data,
and, consequently, accuracy of molecule models associated with 3DEM
data. As the EMDB continues to grow it remains dedicated to delivering a
world-class archive that adheres to FAIR principles. In addition, we
recognise the importance of easy and open access to accurately curated
data for the various users of the archive, we plan to continue to
facilitate and enhance this moving forward.