[3dem] Postdoc position at University of Yamanashi, Japan

toda toda at yamanashi.ac.jp
Thu Mar 7 21:20:16 PST 2024

Dear all,

We're excited to announce an opportunity for a Postdoctoral Researcher in Structural Biology, focusing on cryo-EM and cryo-FIB-SEM, at the University of Yamanashi. This position offers a deep dive into the structural biology of cellular components, with competitive compensation and a supportive research environment until March 2029. Join our team to explore the fascinating world of cryo-EM. For more information and to apply, please reach out to Professor Toshiyuki Oda.

==============

Position Available: Postdoctoral Researcher in Structural Biology

Research Focus: Cryo-Electron Microscopy (Cryo-EM) and Cryo-Focused Ion Beam Scanning Electron Microscopy (Cryo-FIB-SEM)

Overview:
Join our team at the University of Yamanashi as we explore the three-dimensional complexities of protein complexes within chromosomes, centrosomes, and myofibrils. Our pioneering work utilizes state-of-the-art cryo-EM and cryo-FIB-SEM to advance our understanding of cellular structures.

Qualifications:
• A Ph.D. in a relevant scientific discipline, or imminent completion thereof.

Role:
• Perform cryo-FIB-SEM sample preparation and cryo-EM imaging.
• Analyze images using advanced GPU workstations.
• Conduct supplementary cell culture, biochemistry, and molecular biology experiments as necessary.

Offer:
• A monthly salary between JPY 400,000 to JPY 500,000, in line with our institutional standards.
• Comprehensive social insurance.

Application Requirements:
• Curriculum Vitae with detailed research experience.
• Contact information for two professional references.

Application and Selection Process:
• We are reviewing applications now and will continue until we find the perfect fit.
• Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a ZOOM interview.

Location:
• Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology, University of Yamanashi Faculty of Medicine, Japan.

Start Date:
• Position available from September 1, 2024, with flexibility for the right candidate.

Duration:
• The role is secured with funding until March 2029, provided by the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science.

Deadline:
• Submit applications by July 1, 2024.

Apply Now:
• Forward your application to Professor Toshiyuki Oda at toda at yamanashi.ac.jp<mailto:toda at yamanashi.ac.jp>, with the subject line 'Postdoctoral Researcher Application - Your Name’.

Further Information:
For more details, please contact:
Prof. Toshiyuki Oda
Department of Anatomy, Structural Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Yamanashi.
Phone: 055-273-6743 | Fax: 055-273-6743
Email: toda at yamanashi.ac.jp<mailto:toda at yamanashi.ac.jp>
Lab website: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.med.yamanashi.ac.jp/basic/anat01/e-top.html__;!!Mih3wA!AB8krwnYFW8kbYrokhVX0VNcPoaO0eCp0BsnzAl8r1OOcXNCrUKgyjHKhsm74h-LXLaFISkSNFwytL9QvmCOBw$

Toshiyuki Oda Ph.D.
Professor
Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology,
Graduate School of Medicine
University of Yamanashi
1110 Shimokato, Chuo, Yamanashi JAPAN 409-3898
Phone:+81-55-273-6743
Email: toda at yamanashi.ac.jp<mailto:toda at yamanashi.ac.jp>