[3dem] DNA-protein cross-linker

Zannati Zaoti z.zaoti at uq.edu.au
Wed Jan 24 15:13:46 PST 2024

Dear Alexandre,

Thank you very much for sharing this.

Regards
Zaoti

From: Alexandre Cassago <alexandre.cassago at gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 25 January 2024 at 2:38 am
To: Zannati Zaoti <z.zaoti at uq.edu.au>
Cc: 3dem at ncmir.ucsd.edu <3dem at ncmir.ucsd.edu>, 3dem-request at ncmir.ucsd.edu <3dem-request at ncmir.ucsd.edu>
Subject: Re: [3dem] DNA-protein cross-linker

Dear Zaoti,

A long time ago we used DSS crosslink (attached) and it worked very well. The protein complexes, depending on their isoforms, assembled long filaments with increased activities compared to the well-known tetramers, however when we reduced the concentration for NS microscopy essay the filaments disassembled. Crosslinking helped us visualize naturally occurring filaments, but at lower concentrations required by NS microscopy.

Hope it helps you.

Best,
Alexandre