[3dem] RAID question for K2/K3 users

Dokland, Terje dokland at uab.edu
Thu Feb 29 16:45:42 PST 2024

Hi David,
We had the same issue with our K3 computer. One disk failed, all data was lost. Same response from Gatan. However, you can change it to RAID5 through the BIOS. I can’t remember how I did it, but I managed to figure it out, so it couldn’t have been that hard…
Speed is clearly not an issue since you can equally well write the images to a spinning disk. At least we didn’t have any problems. That is, until the flood destroyed out microscopes and the K3 along with it LOL (We’re back up and running but with a Falcon 4i now.)
Terje

Sent from my iPhone