[3dem] Stanford EM-X Symposium: May 6th, 2024, 8:00-9:30 AM

Jane Lee janekjl at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 16 12:57:01 PDT 2024

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to invite you to our May 2024 Stanford Electron Microscopy-X (EM-X) Symposium on Monday, May 6th, 2024, 8:00-9:30 AM (PDT).

Speakers:

Dr. Michael Grange

Group Leader at the Rosalind Franklin Institute (United Kingdom)

Talk Title: Cryo-plasma FIB/SEM for in-situ structural biology and vEM

Bio: Michael Grange is a group leader at the Rosalind Franklin Institute in the UK. His research group focuses on using combinations of light and electron microscopy techniques to reveal (ultra) structural information at a tissue level in a robust, high-throughput manner. His group has pioneered the use of plasma focused ion beams for applications in structural biology and volumetric imaging, with the aim to resolve structures inside native tissue on a routine basis within a targeted multimodal framework. This talk will discuss the promise of these approaches for future developments and how such technologies promise to fit into nascent cryo-CLEM and tissue imaging workflows.

Dr. Damien Alloyeau

CNRS Director of Research at the University Paris-Cité (France)

Talk Title: Understanding the formation of nanomaterials with in situ TEM

Bio: Damien Alloyeau is a CNRS director of research at the University Paris-Cité. Since 2010, his group has been working on the fabrication and atomic-scale characterization of nanomaterials for catalytic and biomedical applications. He also heads a national user facility specialized in aberration-corrected in situ TEM both in liquid and gas phases, aimed at understanding the dynamics of nano-objects in their formation and application media.

We expect a large attendance, please register soon at https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://stanford.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_g2SgqrB2R7Ke2p7Pmjre_w__;!!Mih3wA!Eig76_dhg-sGKYGUoEE9x_sGtJyco5MvdV_qNFHjQrbttIbeD_PsJvzuphj8t-S_y0lvWzKvyKZAKn3_O9Nry1w$  and visit our official website at https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://emx.stanford.edu/__;!!Mih3wA!Eig76_dhg-sGKYGUoEE9x_sGtJyco5MvdV_qNFHjQrbttIbeD_PsJvzuphj8t-S_y0lvWzKvyKZAKn3_2_kNvQI$  and https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://emx.stanford.edu/previous-speakers__;!!Mih3wA!Eig76_dhg-sGKYGUoEE9x_sGtJyco5MvdV_qNFHjQrbttIbeD_PsJvzuphj8t-S_y0lvWzKvyKZAKn3_S_KyiiA$  to see our previous speakers.

[cid:bdf955ac-8356-4439-b27f-76baa397dba7]