[3dem] JEOL-1230 CPU and video boards

Ernesto Arias e.arias.palomo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 01:16:58 PDT 2024

Dear colleagues,

Unfortunately, our 20-year-old JEOL-1230 microscope has stopped working.
After consultation with a JEOL engineer, we've been informed that the CPU
board is no longer operational (probably due to a power surge). Despite its
age, the microscope had been functioning well until now, and we'd like to
explore all possible options to try to fix it.

We're reaching out to inquire whether any of your institutions may have a
decommissioned microscope of the same model from which we could source
replacement CPU and Video boards (we can discuss the details about how to
proceed in later emails). Attached are images of these boards for reference.

Thank you sincerely for any assistance you can provide in advance.

Kind regards,
Ernesto.
--
Ernesto Arias Palomo, PhD