[3dem] Stanford Electron Microscopy-X (EM-X) Symposium October 2, 2023

Polizzi, JoAnn joannp at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Sep 26 14:54:08 PDT 2023

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to invite you to our October 2023 Stanford Electron Microscopy-X (EM-X) Symposium on Monday, October 2nd, 2023, 8:00-9:30 AM (PST).

Speakers:

Prof. Stephen K. Burley

Professor at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey

Talk Title: Cryo-EM Through the Lens of the Protein Data Bank: Impact of the Resolution Revolution and Implications for the Future

Bio: Stephen Burley currently serves as Henry Rutgers Chair and University Professor, Founding Director of the Institute for Quantitative Biomedicine, and Director of the RCSB Protein Data Bank at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. He is also a Member of the Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey, where he Co-Leads the Cancer Pharmacology Research Program. Burley is an expert in structural biology, proteomics, bioinformatics, structure/fragment-based drug discovery, and clinical medicine/oncology.

Prof. Dan Gianola

Professor at the University of California, Santa Barbara

Talk Title: Characterizing pathways for plastic deformation using electron microscopy

Bio: Daniel Gianola is Professor of Materials at UCSB, where his research group specializes in deformation at the micro- and nanoscale, particularly using in-situ nanomechanical testing techniques. He has also served as the faculty director of the Microscopy and Microanalysis Facility at UCSB, which is a central shared facility with over 300 active users. He is the recipient of the National Science Foundation CAREER, Department of Energy Early Career, TMS Early Career Faculty Fellow, and Alexander von Humboldt Postdoctoral Fellow awards.

We expect a large attendance, please register soon at https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://stanford.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_g2SgqrB2R7Ke2p7Pmjre_w__;!!Mih3wA!AHZLkUW-l5Mw6FlqWryB5-b-8ezZDzyn3n9kC0kPJ5CC5gOCCnhlAQmGwz01hDrd_Fn31kOBk6YCj9mJ1ICtJ_kuqQ$  and visit our official website at https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://emx.stanford.edu/__;!!Mih3wA!AHZLkUW-l5Mw6FlqWryB5-b-8ezZDzyn3n9kC0kPJ5CC5gOCCnhlAQmGwz01hDrd_Fn31kOBk6YCj9mJ1ICMIF1TIA$  and https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://emx.stanford.edu/previous-speakers__;!!Mih3wA!AHZLkUW-l5Mw6FlqWryB5-b-8ezZDzyn3n9kC0kPJ5CC5gOCCnhlAQmGwz01hDrd_Fn31kOBk6YCj9mJ1ICrg8hlpw$  to see our previous speakers.

We are looking forward to seeing you there!

[cid:5c0aefea-a3da-495b-baa8-e179f37e285e]