[3dem] PhD position in cell and structural biology of viral replication

Montserrat Barcena m.barcena at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 06:47:08 PDT 2023

Dear all,

A PhD position is available in my group at LUMC, Leiden (The Netherlands)
as part of a collaborative project with the Molecular Virology group at
LUMC (Prof. Eric Snijder). Building upon over a decade of fruitful
collaboration, this new NWO-funded project seeks to enhance our
understanding of coronavirus and nidovirus replication.

The selected candidate will delve into multiscale cryo-EM approaches to
gain structural and functional insight into the replication organelles
induced by these viruses. This will be complemented with input from other
EM and LM methods, as well as molecular virology approaches. We are looking
for someone passionate about imaging, structural biology, and virology.
Prior experience in these fields is not mandatory, but certainly
advantageous.

*Application deadline*: September 29th.

*Apply at*:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.lumc.nl/en/about-lumc/werken-bij/vacancies/d.23.mh.mr.81-phd-kandidaat-cell-en-chemische-biologie/__;!!Mih3wA!FV6WoW5nADiQ6m4v-1KX5JVFKSKc6qw513jgI2K-uSBOQrjn3pHa6uUkxTbcK74SE2TmAYlo6qyOSUXPpi3B$

For *inquiries or additional information*, please don't hesitate to reach
out to me directly at m.barcena at lumc.nl.

Leiden is a charming historic town in the heart of the Netherlands, known
for its rich academic tradition, and home to a diverse and vibrant
international community of students and researchers. Our campus hosts the
Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC), the Netherlands Center for
Electron Nanoscopy (NeCEN), and the Leiden Bio Science Park, making it a
hub for cutting-edge research and innovation. Conveniently, Leiden offers
direct train connections to Amsterdam's airport (15 minutes) and Amsterdam
city center (30 minutes).

Best regards,

Montse.

*Montserrat Bárcena*, PhD

Section Electron Microscopy | CCB (Department of Cell and Chemical Biology)

*Postal address*: Leiden University Medical Center | P.O. Box 9600  Postal
zone S1-P | 2300 RC  Leiden | The Netherlands

*Visiting address*: Building 2 | Room R-90-20| Einthovenweg 20 | 2333 ZC
Leiden | The Netherlands

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ccb.lumc.nl/__;!!Mih3wA!FV6WoW5nADiQ6m4v-1KX5JVFKSKc6qw513jgI2K-uSBOQrjn3pHa6uUkxTbcK74SE2TmAYlo6qyOSaY-H0h6$