[3dem] 2D classification resolution problem

Takanori Nakane tnakane.protein at osaka-u.ac.jp
Fri Sep 8 01:40:29 PDT 2023

Hi,

Please don't drop CC to 3dem. I am a computational scientist
and don't know much about sample preparation. You have a better
chance of getting useful replies on the mailing list.

 > orientation bias is enormous

You should also look at directional FSC.
It is what really matters.

 > not even for the 0° data set

This means that your new grid is somehow worse, e.g. thicker ice.

 > do oyu think the global vs local CTF estimation has
 > on the 2D classification?

I recommend that you proceed to 3D refinement and judge the quality
by resolutions estimated from gold-standard FSC.

Best regards,

Takanori Nakane

>>> 3dem at ncmir.ucsd.edu