[3dem] Reminder: Vienna Region cryo-EM Symposium and Autumn school 2023

Haselbach,David david.haselbach at imp.ac.at
Mon Sep 4 00:00:00 PDT 2023

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the 6th annual Vienna Region Cryo-EM Symposium:

Again we have an exciting lineup of experts:
- Ana Casanal (Human Technopole, Milan, IT)
- Michael Grange (Rosalind Franklin Institute, Oxford, UK)
- Sebastian Klinge (Rockefeller University, New York, USA)
- Alicia Michael (FMI Basel, CH/IST Austria, AT)
- Arne Moeller (University of Osnabrück, DE)
- Clemens Plaschka (IMP, Vienna, AT)
- Dong Si (University of Washington Bothell, USA)
- Guilia Zanetti (Birkbeck College, London, UK)
- Tzviya Zeev-Ben Mordehai (Utrecht University, NL)

Poster Session:
Additionally, there will be a poster session, and further speakers will be selected from the poster abstracts.

Symposium Details:
- Dates: November 23rd and 24th, 2023
- Venue: Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Vienna, Austria

2nd Vienna Autumn School for Cryo-EM:
In conjunction with the symposium, we are offering a 9-day workshop from November 18th till 26th at the Campus Vienna Biocenter, covering an introduction to cryo-EM hardware and software. Topics include Sample Preparation, Microscopy, Image Processing, Protein Dynamics and more.

Provisional Schedule:

November 18th:  Sample preparation single particle EM – lecture and practical
November 19th: Sample preparation electron tomography – lecture and practical
November 20th: Electron Microscopy – lecture and practical
November 21st: Image processing I (Single particle processing) – Lecture and practical
November 22nd: Image processing II (Dynamics and Heterogneity) – Lecture and practical
November 23rd morning: Image processing III (Tomography) – Lecture
November 23rd afternoon: Symposium
November 24th: Symposium
November 25: Image processing IV (Sub Tomogram averaging)
November 26th: Model Building -  Lecture and Practical

The course will cover a broad range of topics and will help beginners to get an easy entry but will also discuss a few more advanced topics

Confirmed lectureres and Instructors:
Carrie Bernecky (ISTA)
Tom Dendooven (MRC-LMB)
Sebastian Falk (MPL)
David Haselbach (IMP)
Thomas Heuser (VBCF)
Thomas Juffmann (MPL)
Clemens Plaschka (IMP)
Chris Russo (MRC-LMB)

Registration and More Information:
Details and registration links for both events can be found here: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.imp.ac.at/research/cryo-em-symposium__;!!Mih3wA!D3ugRgqcMqcjcbd4qbxwW5cDlzDCo3qg3VnqGg8C3FBcHhNNZByWqe8jzaYLGaOJQVYkVWhiKnzLExckyiN1zeoTPHtDcpk$ .

We look forward to the prospect of welcoming you to Vienna for what promises to be an insightful and engaging symposium and workshop.

Sincerely,
The Organizing Team (Carrie Bernecky, Clemens Plaschka, David Haselbach, Florian Schur, Sebastian Falk, Thomas Heuser, and Thomas Juffmann)