[3dem] seeking facility staff

Jason Kaelber jason.kaelber at rutgers.edu
Wed Oct 11 15:58:27 PDT 2023

Dear colleagues,
The Rutgers CryoEM & Nanoimaging Facility is recruiting technical staff in New Jersey. We are hoping to hire 2 people (one at an entry level and one for an experienced practitioner) and aiming to have one of these roles filled by the end of the year.
These roles will mainly entail executing cryo-EM experiments (cryo-TEM, cryo-SEM, cryo-FIB, cryo-CLEM, sample prep, and data analysis), but also user training and coaching. The senior role is distinguished not only by level of technical sophistication of the techniques but also by taking the lead on some projects.
I am happy to be quite flexible and am able train someone in any of the techniques, so I am open to people with less cryo-EM background if they have a track record of excellence in whatever their background is plus some allied skill (be it materials science TEM, X-ray crystallography, biochemistry, et cetera).
Rutgers is a good place to work in cryo-EM. We interface closely with the PDB (which is located directly above the cryo-TEM), we have some smart and neighborly faculty, and our unions have fought for good benefits working conditions for all our people.
You may contact me for further information or submit an application directly at  https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/211350__;!!Mih3wA!HrzKnnzOnqSHtte5cStb0blkwNiJQlG7Y-zwtdnKxAIE9DmQb9RpbntbMXj4B3HmrU509OrRiwIB75bl8ZumJ8HJwgJlyA$  .

I'll also signal-boost a few other career opportunities here: programmers, postdocs, interns and gap-year students at the PDB https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.rcsb.org/pages/jobs__;!!Mih3wA!HrzKnnzOnqSHtte5cStb0blkwNiJQlG7Y-zwtdnKxAIE9DmQb9RpbntbMXj4B3HmrU509OrRiwIB75bl8ZumJ8FOQsecCw$  and open-rank faculty recruitment https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/209747__;!!Mih3wA!HrzKnnzOnqSHtte5cStb0blkwNiJQlG7Y-zwtdnKxAIE9DmQb9RpbntbMXj4B3HmrU509OrRiwIB75bl8ZumJ8FmTL1hbA$  .

Best,
Jason Kaelber

--
J T Kaelber, PhD
Director, Rutgers CryoEM & Nanoimaging Facility<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://iqb.rutgers.edu/rcnf__;!!Mih3wA!HrzKnnzOnqSHtte5cStb0blkwNiJQlG7Y-zwtdnKxAIE9DmQb9RpbntbMXj4B3HmrU509OrRiwIB75bl8ZumJ8EnAbhlkQ$ >