[3dem] Agard lab cryoEM Postdoc and Scientist positions available at UCSF

David A Agard david at agard.ucsf.edu
Wed Nov 29 13:47:00 PST 2023

The Agard lab at UCSF has positions open for a Postdoc and a CryoEM scientist to join our efforts on understanding protein homeostasis at the molecular and cellular scales.

Our lab has long been a leader in understanding the molecular mechanisms of protein chaperones resulting in the first atomic picture of how client proteins are unfolded and refolded by the combined actions of Hsp70 and Hsp90 chaperones and their associated cochaperones. Current efforts seek to understand fundamental questions in how this core machinery couples to protein import into the nucleus and degradation through both proteosomal and lysosomal pathways.

UCSF at Mission Bay provides a spectacular environment for cryoEM and cryoET structural biology and structural cell biology via the Agard, Cheng, Fraiser, Jura, Minor, Southworth, Stroud, Verba structure hgroups and their numerous collaborators. Our expertly managed multi-user core facility houses two Krios microscopes each with GIF and K3, a new Krios/Selctris/Falcon waiting to be installed, an Artica and Glacios with K3 cameras, an Aquilos 2 cryoFIB-SEM and a Hydra cryoPFIB-SEM both equipped with iFLMs.

Successful candidates should have demonstrated expertise in cryoEM, care deeply about molecular mechanisms, have good inter-personal skills, and computational skills in Linux. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.

Please send a cover letter, resume or CV, and the contact information for three references as a single file to:
David Agard
agard at msg.ucsf.edu <mailto:agard at msg.ucsf.edu>

David A. Agard, Ph.D.
Founding Scientific Director, CZ Institute for Advanced Biological Imaging
Email: dagard at czii.org

Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics
University of California at San Francisco
600 16th Street,   room S412D
San Francisco, CA     94143-2517
(415) 476-2521  Phone
E-mail:    agard at msg.ucsf.edu